Start of Summer season sees new Gatwick flights
The airlines' summer season begins this weekend, 30 March 2014, and with it comes the launch of several new destinations from Gatwick.
Air China’s new Gatwick to Beijing flights begin on Sunday, 30 March.
Operating four times per week on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Sundays, the flights will operate in addition to the airline’s Heathrow to Beijing service.
BA is resuming its Gatwick to Paphos flights on Sunday, 30 March.
Flights will operate five times per week on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays.
This Saturday sees the last day of flybe flights operating from Gatwick.
The airline, which last year announced its intention to withdraw from the airport, has sold its takeoff and landing slots to easyJet.
Not wasting a minute, easyJet is immediately launching five new services from Gatwick to Brussels, Jersey, Newcastle, Paris Charles de Gaulle and Strasbourg.
The airline is also doubling the number of flights it operates between Gatwick and Inverness.
The new services will all commence on Sunday, 30 March, and operate year round. New flights and frequencies:
- Flights to Brussels will operate twice daily during the week and once daily on Saturdays and Sundays
- Jersey flights will operate three times daily, throughout the week
- Newcastle flights will operate twice daily Mondays to Fridays and Sundays
- Paris flights will operate twice daily 7 days per week
- Strasbourg flights will operate four times per week on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Sundays.