Flight Superstitions - Top 10 Revealed
Apparently, one is six people has a fear of flying despite the odds of being involved in a plane crash being one in 11 million!
You may not regard yourself as a nervous flyer, but do you have any superstitions when it comes to air travel?
A surprising number of air travellers admit to having little rituals that they must perform before taking their flight.
In a poll of 1,894 Britons aged 18 or over conducted by online travel agency, Sunshine, 65% of those polled answered yes when asked “Do you have any superstitions when it comes to going on flights?”
Here are the top 10 flight superstitions as revealed by Sunshine's poll:
- Touching outside of plane before getting on to ensure a safe flight - 17%
- Taking a good luck charm/mascot onto the flight - 15%
- Refusing to sit in certain seat numbers - 14%
- Reciting prayers or mantras - 11%
- Only flying at certain times - 8%
- Only flying with certain airlines - 8%
- Holding hands to ensure safe take off/landing - 6%
- Sticking to a certain routine (e.g. ordering same drink) - 5%
- Only flying from a certain airport - 3%
- Not flying on certain dates (e.g. Friday 13th) - 2%
Whether or not you have a little ritual that you must do before flying, or a lucky charm that always travels with you, have a safe and happy holiday!