Approved by Gatwick Airport
- Help-me-park is fully approved by Gatwick Airport to provide meet and greet parking services on the forecourt of both the North and South Terminals
- Fastest drop off and collection times - no need to go into the multi- storey car parks
- Easy to find - right outside the terminal.
ParkMark® security certified Car Parks
- Help-me-park only uses ParkMark® awarded car parks
- Each car park is assessed by the police for security
- Key and car management practices are fully vetted.
Approved by Trading Standards
- Buy With Confidence accreditation given by local Trading Standards
- Full members - membership number 577
- Terms and conditions checked as fair
- All drivers are CRB checked
- Company management practices and customer services audited
- Company insurance verified fully comprehensive
Gatwick Airport’s new terminal access policy
Gatwick Airport is introducing a policy of forecourt use that states any meet and greet drop-off can only be done by an approved contractor on the forecourt and this must be completed within restricted zones on the forecourt of both terminals. This policy will be rigorously enforced by traffic wardens, traffic marshals and the police.
Non-approved contractors will have to make use of the multi story car parks and pay the market rates for parking but will not be able to use the dedicated meet and greet zones.
All meet and greet contracts either by approved operators or non approved operators will attract extra charges from the airport so all meet and greet parking at Gatwick will rise in price.
Approved Operator scheme requirements
From July 1st 2013 Gatwick Airport will introduce an Approved Operator Scheme for all meet and greet parking performed at Gatwick Airport. The scheme will be open to all meet and greet Parking Operators who:
- Have Park Mark accreditation on all their car parks used for storing meet and greet vehicles.
- Have successfully gained Buy with Confidence accreditation from Trading Standards.
- Agree to adhere to the terms of a licence agreement with Gatwick Airport.
From the 1st July 2013 approved meet and greet operators will be able to use dedicated, restricted areas on the terminal forecourts or dedicated, restricted areas in the multi-storey car parks at each terminal. The choice of area to use will be left to the meet and greet contractor.
Aims of the approved operator scheme
The reason the scheme is being introduced is to:
- Reduce the congestion on the forecourts of both terminals
- Allow Gatwick Airport to effectively enforce dedicated meet and greet areas on the terminal forecourts
- To ensure that Gatwick meet and greet parking operators conform to the ‘user pays’ principle
- To ensure minimum standards of customer service and security of meet and greet operations
- Give recognition to approved meet and greet operators who meet the standards of the scheme
- To enable customers to identify approved operators and non approved and potentially ‘rogue’ operators and so make informed choices about which meet and greet parking operator to use
On the downside all meet and greet prices will rise. Unfortunately due to the competitiveness of the market at Gatwick Help-me-park is unable to absorb this cost and it will have to be passed onto the customer.
On the plus side you will easily be able to identify approved meet and greet operators before you book and will be able to make an informed choice whether or not you want your car to be driven and parked by drivers who have been CRB checked, carry ID, are fully insured, wear uniform and have received training. You will also know that your car will be parked in a safe and secure car park that has been risk assessed by the Police.
Get a quotation for your meet and greet parking at Gatwick now!